Performance at the Carnival
Not to forget had an awesome time with Yen Loong the nite before jamming with him from abt 12am to 1.30am and then doing street magic to a few groups of people at MMU till abt 3am. wow..... man the reaction we got from the black american people were really WOW man... the ones u only see on TV.... u know the one David Blaine gets... wow... they can run and swear and wow.... they can high 5 etc etc... really cool. There was one heckler amogst them though but we still manage to make him go wow! Overall... no regrets staying up so late doing street magic man.... their reactions... really boosted up my confidence up for the next day.
Ok.... let me write abit abt the Carnival Day.
I woke up early, like 7.30am (only abt3-4hrs sleep). Practice my card magic and then got myself ready. 8.30am met Jeff and his wife, and Szehowe and Lai at Jusco. From there we went straight to the Carnival. Soon, I went to fetch Yen Loong from MMU. We our breakfast there... mee hum goreng. Quite nice actually.. only RM2 coupon.
So by 10am we were doing street magic and our first show, Lai performed his rope, paperballs, and linking rings routine. At 11am, I did my Card Magic and at 1pm, Jeff Gan did his mentalism. At 2pm Lai performed again. Other than that, I and Yen Loong did a lot of street magic and close up stuff, entertaining the audience.
Yen long and I entertaining the gals
Also.... street magic stuff like ambitious, 2CM and Here and There really made them go wow. Other effects i like showing are my ace revelations and my aces estimation. 
Really awesome! I too was suprised to see how well i handled the cards that day. Pretty impressed with my handling. Cards did get v stick and soft though on that day due to sweat and the humidity but performance still goes on.

I also turn on some XCM music in our magic tent to perform some flourishes... I guess i did open a lot of people's to what flourishing is like. I made a lot of attempts on Vertigo Hackisack. 
I also played with Daniel Madison's Drop Sybil and downfall. Pretty cool. I also end up playing 52 card pick ups when doing aerials. haha.

Above: Me doing the Extended Werm and Yen Loong 5 face of Sybil

Above: Some great moments captured on Cam...

"Hmmm...."
Had lil time to go around the carnival... but really enjoyed performing and entertaining people. It feels great to see people admiring what we do.
It was great to see Jeff doing his first ever public performance MEntalism act and he did pretty well. Many loved his fork and spoon bending. :). Lai's rope trick was very entertaining as well. Szehowe had one packet trick which is really nice as well.There's quite a lot to tell but I feel kinda lazy to type and explain so much. Will post more pics up by this weekend.
Here's a group pic of the magicians.
From Left to right: Yen Loong, Lai, Sze Howe, Me and Jeff Gan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home