MMF Gathering 21st Oct 06 at MTR
OK here's my REVIEW.
Reach KL Sunway Piramid at 11.10am. Met up with Darren, Edwin and Isaac, and Chee there at McD. We showed each other some cool tricks, to warm up ourselves before the gathering at 1pm. Below is Darren and I doing some displays.

The gathering was definitely a fun one! I really enjoyed it man. Nice to meet up with Old members (Jeff Gan, Jackliw, Baalan, Kamil etc) and new members as well! . We had a time for performance too... and for those of you guys who went up to perform... well done man! Everyone did a great job there.
Some of the highlights were Jeremy's Mini Tennis balls fooled everyone. Lai's Rope tricks.... (outstanding presentation and expression), Darren's Card Revelations.... (superb), Sebastian's Stigmata, Charlston cigarette manipulation, Roy's coin accros, Forest coin trick, Jeuze coin, David Lai's wonderful mentalism card effect with names written on each card, Robins crazy mentalism and spoon bending, Edwin card tricks... etc etc.... sorry if miss anyone's name, for those who performed. Give yaselves a big pat on the back! Welldone to all!
I had great fun spending with new members Szehowe, Shon Chong, Alexander and Alvin. I spent a lot of time with them... flourish....haha like a lecture... I talk until mouth so thirsty... You guys have learnt something... im sure you have .And then magic.... where we went around taking turns to perform our effects! It was really cool to see everyone giving support and cheering each other when performing. hehe... shon's production of his lil handphone reminded me of Jay Chow's handphone commercial. Pretty cool work with the sleeves bro. Szehowe... haah this guy... really fun to jam with. Funny and full of excitement. Thanks for teaching me the Reset man. I've been practicing that trick the whole nite.. till 5am (haha ask Lai/Eric....). Below a pic of Sze Howe and I doing super combine one handed fans.
Above: Me and Alexander
Above: Jeremy and I
I also spent some time with Kamil and Eric for a while... showing each other some cool card tricks. I knock Kam out with a mentalism effect using cards and he replies me with a nice collector routine.... Bucks' rules eh . And haha... Eric..... he made Kam and I ROFL-ing non stop when he told us to "pick a number between 2-4." Haha.... that was really really funny man. Kam just cant stop laughing. ROFL!
It was also great to see and chat with the gals, Yukiko and Jennifer. Didnt get to chat or session much with Jenn (kinda went missing for some time), but it was really cool that Yukiko kept wanting to see me doing more flourishes. Glad you enjoyed watching . Do work on the sybil I taught you. U'll get there in no time . I see much passion in you for magic/cards. Keep it up!

Above: Yukiko and I
Above: Jennifer and I
Robin showed us some mind boggling mentalism effect and some using cards! Yups as Shon has mentioned.. he spent some time with us that nite. Thanks Robin... I'll surely use and practice the effects you taught us .We went to Murni's for Dinner.... was.. v nice food there (my first time ahaha). Had a big jug of drink (with fruits inside)... so so massive.. and had the scramble...??? (got sausage in the roti wrap one). Super nice! Struggled to finish the drink though. We had some really cool time during dinner! Some nice discussion on presentation and sleights.
Above: Cardist stands next to Mentalist (Robin)

Above: Edwin and I

Above: Darren and I
Above: Me and my MMF Bodyguards
More jam session at Eric's place... haha we surely had a bloopers time man.... laugh and laughed until wanna pengsan. by the time around 5am... our patters dont make sense.... and Lai... ehehe... he was super funny... u know.... his expression and patter all became so funny. And Eric and I just cant stop laughing abt the "between 2-4" joke. haha!Looking forward to reading more reviews guys!
Thanks to all of you all for making this gathering a wonderful and fun time. U guys made it happen! Very nice...everyone seem to enjoy it!
BIG THANKS to MTR (Michael, Robin & Eric) for having us there with the FREE flow of drinks. We truely enjoyed your hospitality and your kindness. You guys have a v nice restaurant and v nice setting for magic. Much thanks again! Till next time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home