Saturday, January 03, 2009

Looking back... how I started with card flourishing and my journey...

A lot of people have asked me what or who got me into flourishing. A lot of people have inspired my all along the way (such as Kev Ho and Jordan Lapping were my idols and most down to earth friends who have helped me a lot in my journey). However, my journey actually began back in early 2004. It was back then when I visited the newly created CheatersCheater site (the best card flourish website ever!) and stumbled accross this one amazing video by a Singaporean kid whom called himself by the nickname Underground Magician. His 'Flourish Away' made my jaw drop and watch it over and over. Underground Magician later revealed himself as William as the years went by. To me, he was the sybil master. Because him, I remembered searching and downloading the FREE Blind Rotational Sybil (BRS)tutorial by Cap Casino back in those days. Till today 2009 (5 years now), I still have the Flourish Away video, and still watch it once in a while... and boy it still amazes me. I have not chatted with William for quite some months now. I know he is kicking butt in beat boxing these days. haha... I even remember him sending me clips over msn of his beat box. Pretty cool dude.
My first few years into the art was just so crazy... I was so crazy with cards and I just wanted to meet my idols! In 2005, I made my first trip to Spore on my own for SMC's first magic competition and there I met the GREATS.... practically everyone from the Virts... Kev, Huron, Sly, Cai and Daryl. I also got to meet the legendary Bone Ho. He was doing crazy King Cobras and crazy cuts, sculptures and displays. It was an honour meeting the greats. Below's a pic of me with them... From left to right: Sly, Kev, Me, Bone, Huron, Zhi Wen, Cai, Daryl, and Ning. Then in 2006 again, visited Spore again, met with Jaspas, William, Ling, Daren, Virts and many more! Just awesome... do check out my OLD post in July 2006 for more details on the spore trip. Here's a pic with Huron and I at MMF's first magic convention 2006(SMC visits Kuala Lumpur). hehe... I remembered purchasing Kev's Couch Booklet from Huron as Kev couldnt make it to Malaysia. Awesome stuff in there. I got him to sign when I visited Spore the same year. It is just so great looking back at pics and remembering the great times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So you learnt the BRS as well. I don't think any of the young guys these days even know who cap casino is.

It looks like I may have started flourishing before you. I checked the date on the BRS tutorial I have on my computer and it says December 2003.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home