Thursday, March 06, 2008

I finally got a JOB!

Yay!!! After 3 months.... yups.. 3 months of NOT working... I finally got a job. It is a Call Center environment kinda job, have to make outbound calls to customers to sell bank's products and services such as insurance. Pay is low... but it's commision based... so... it really depends on how well I can sell things over the phone... (man.. i always didnt like people selling me things over the phone.. and now im having that job....)...so weird... haha... anyway.... here's my story.

I went for the interview yesterday and today they offered my the job...

The interview was interesting... 7 candidates trying out for this job. I guess there were several positions for it... so it wasnt really a competition between us.

We did role playing (to test our communication and our selling skills) and then had 1on1 interview (to find out more abt us)

For the role playing, we had to make 2 calls to different customer (played by one of the current employees) to sell life insurance to them. They gave us the details of the product and we are to use our creativity to sell.

I managed to close a sale on the first one. The second call... I didnt get to close it as the customer really wanted time to discuss and think abt it first. So I asked if I could give him a call back in 2 days time... and he said yeah, that would be good..... so yeah even though didnt close the sale... at least still a good sign. So pretty pleased with that.

So yeah... I will start working, well training next weds... which is 12th March 2008... it will be 9pm-5pm for like the first week or so training... and once Im really working... it will be 12pm to 9pm.... yups... some weird working hours huh? Oh well... it aint that bad... a job is always better than no job.

So praise God for a job. Looking forward to starting work soon. Will do my best. I will surely have lots to gain... firstly communication wise... (i will be talking a lot, proper english, no broken english or manglish from now on haha) and also experience in learning abt the products and services of banks. It will be cool. Also, this is just a starting point to my career and can work my way up to becoming a financial planner if succesful... must take a few courses a long the way.... will see how it goes....

If it doesnt work out and dont fit me as a person... then I guess I'll have to look for another job.. but like I said, I'll give my best shot.... and work hard... Im so thankful I have a job now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home