Thursday, May 07, 2009

Trip to Milicent (Mount Gambier)

In the first week of May 2009, my colleagues (Melissa and Simone) and I went for a trip down to visit the paper and pulp factory at Milicent. We basically had to take two flight from Sydney to get there. Flew Qantas from Syd to Melb and then took Regional Express(Rex) Airline from Melb to Mt Gambia. We hired a car there. Good thing I renewed my drivers license in time to drive.

Below is a picture of Rex Airplane... taken while waiting inside the depature hall. It's a small plane... about 22 seater and it has propellers. While waiting for the departure... I took out my poker chips and started practicing the shuffles... hehe. But got bored of it after a while and then moved to card flourishing hehe.Upon arriving Mt Gambier, took a drive to see the town and then went to check-in the Hotel and then went out again to see the talk about lake.. the Blue Lake. It was already sun set... so cant really see the blueness....Below is Melissa, Simone and Me. Oh we met other KCA finance guys (also from our Milsons Point office) there so we asked them to take pics for us. hehe.
Didnt take pics at the Mill though.. coz not allowed... but it was a great experience to see the Mill and how they make tissue paper etc. V cool to meet the people and now can put faces to their names and know whom I talking to when I talk to them on the phone.

It was good fun too travelling with Mel and Simone. We had good meals. Buffet breakfast, Thai food the first night and then Italian on the second night. I also had a couple of drinks at the bar and on both ocassions I order Frangelica on ice.. nice drink. Hazelnut flavoured liquour. Funny thing is the bar lady had to ask for my ID. lol.. she said i look 18! haha.

Below is just a pic of me enjoying my Spaghetti Marianna... (shiok... i added tabasco sauce)...

I love company trips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home